Saturday 31 August 2024

Stained-Glass Windows

I was going to publish the second part of my walk on Army Bay Beach this Sunday, but changed my mind. 

It's our 51st Wedding Anniversary today and I thought that doing a 'part two' wasn't quite what I wanted. I have been taking pictures on and off for the last couple of weeks from our balcony and will share those with you instead.  


Every year in July, the tree service surgeons come to our Waitakere Gardens Retirement Village and trim our roundabout palms. They do a superlative job in my opinion. I documented their efforts in a post that I published back on the 14th.  

A couple of weeks ago, I was on our deck and noticed that this year's trimming had produced, between a few of the trees, the approximate shape of a church-like window. This is the view I saw at the time.  

Since I've long been a fan of stained-glass windows, whether in churches or elsewhere, I started watching that area and recording some of the nicer images as they developed. 

My post today then, is the series of photos I've taken of my ever-changing 'window.'   


 









I hope you enjoyed the view.  I'll be back next week with part two of my walk along Army Bay Beach.  -djf

No comments:

Post a Comment