Thursday 28 April 2016

Yeah, I miss maples, and cedars and lots of others, but look at what we've been given in exchange...

I don't think I'll ever stop admiring the the 'weird,' (to a Yooper anyway)  and wonderful plants that grow here.  Take a little walk around my neighborhood with me and fill your eyes with lovely green shapes that abound. 


Outside our front door

In our front yard

Next to our driveway




The park on Shiraz

Also at the park

At the shortcut to the park on Graven Court

Across the street from the shortcut on Graven
About four houses down the hill from us
By our bus stop

Next door





Near Summerland Primary

Nice, huh?

-djf




2 comments:

  1. There are quite a variety of palm trees. The one in your front yard - isn't that the same one that got frost bit and got such a drastic hair cut from Jeanne last winter? It sure made a nice comeback! Also I see what looks like aloe (or is is agave?) on the shortcut and easily can identify the flax plants. I like that shaggy palm and the tall smooth trunk ones.

    Truly variety is the spice of life! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful diversity to appreciate and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete