Friday 20 March 2015

Streets of Auckland


We (you and I) haven't been in Auckland for a while. Today, I'm noticing the beauty of some of the streets in our city. This first one was taken on Queen Street because I loved the 'berries' growing on these palms. The rest of the pictures though, fall into the category of 'pedestrian walkways.'


When Jeanne and I lived in Madrid on our honeymoon in 1973, we lived in the old section of the city, where most of the streets were narrow and were filled with the most interesting shops and cafes imaginable. These modern streets in Auckland, while admittedly narrow, are not quite as full of 'local color' as were those streets I remember so long ago, but they have their own brand of charm. 










If you were here and taking a break at Gloria Jeans, you might enjoy a flat white (coffee), eggs benedict, (most popular breakfast), a toasty of some sort (toasted sandwich), or a warm, big muffin. (What are you hungry for, Dianne?)               -djf

4 comments:

  1. It is a lovely city. I have not seen a Gloria Jeans for some time. I would definitely have some coffee with a toasted sandwich. Rachel Ray calls them "sammies". I will also pick the most unusual items available. I am just like my brother that way. Have a wonderful day enjoying the beauty of the day. It is now Spring in Minnesota and I plan to get out into it regardless of the temperature today. McKenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see the streets of Auckland again! Some of these scenes look familiar but I can't say for sure that I physically at those exact locations. After all, it was only one day that you, Jeanne and I were exploring Auckland together (November 21st to be exact!). .

    I do remember Elliot Stables where we all enjoyed our flat whites. So, what am I hungry for? how about a flat white and a toasty?

    O - and before I forget to mention it: I love your new cover photo of the colorful mural at the Henderson train platform! Could you send it in an email (I'd like to add it to my NZ photo memories...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely. Every city seems to have a personality--and it looks like Auckland has a grand one. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not anything like I imagined! Very interesting and so clean!!

    ReplyDelete