Friday 5 March 2021

The moon on March 5th, 2021

This will be a very short post today. These photos were taken on the day we had a series of earthquakes here in New Zealand; March 5, 2021.   

In fact, Jeanne felt one quake that happened around 3 a.m. She first thought, upon being awakened by the motion, that it was me causing some sort of ruckus. Then luckily for me, she realized the truth of the matter. (I narrowly escaped a good poke in the ribs.

The times I took these were just after midnight, 2 a.m., 5:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.  





Interesting how the angle changes, isn't it?               -djf

BTW, don't forget that March 14 is Pi Day. And speaking of Pi Day, did you know?

That Albert Einstein was born on Pi Day and Stephen Hawking died on Pi Day?  Yup.   

7 comments:

  1. I love the picture of your new home. These moon pictures are amazing. I am so glad that you and the family are all safe after the earthquakes. We turn our clocks forward on Pi Day then. Love to all. McKenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to hate turning my clocks forward, it meant my weekend was one hour shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that is how I feel about it. Sunday is so short anyway as you dread work on Monday but I am thankful for the Spring like weather already here. McKenzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that big piece of Moon Pie in the sky! Great photos as usual Doug! At first I thought you were reposting the same photos from the 1st night you spent in your new home.

    By the way, is that your building the Atrium in the cover photo?

    ReplyDelete